Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Perform routine member service transactions, including but not limited to:
- Respond to members' request, problems and complaints. If another department is involved, act as a liaison to ensure a smooth process for the member and follow up.
- Open/close accounts.
- Issue temporary checks, cashier’s checks, savings bonds and VISA debit cards.
- Process deposits, loan payments and check orders.
- Set up online account services and assist members with online issues.
- Process stop payments and check copy requests on share draft accounts.
- Assist members with the proper completion of payroll deduction and direct deposit cards; set up payroll distribution amounts.
- Process IRA transactions including transfers and withdrawals and member inquiries.
- Discuss products and services which would be beneficial to the members and make them aware of their eligibility.
- Whenever possible greet member in lobby and escort them to the FFO office. Always escort members to the teller line with cash transactions.
- Explain loan programs to members, evaluate their needs and recommend loan options including credit life and disability, GAP and extended warranty when it would benefit the member.
- Perform consumer loan officer duties, including but not limited to:
- Interview applicant, analyze members' financial position and determine risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Prepare and review all loan documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Establish the terms and conditions of an approval loan and review with member.
- Assist collector with loans less than 45 days delinquent.
- Approve loans for other Loan Officers and Family Financial Officers within lending limits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Treat members like family.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
- Possess excellent communication skills and ensure the member or co-worker understands the message you are attempting to convey.
- Make sound credit decisions.
- Take care with appearance and dress professionally.
- Ensure work continues at a steady pace with a high rate of accuracy.
- Comply with all credit union policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience: Six months to two years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills: Proficient in working on a computer keyboard and Ten key calculator by touch.
How to Apply
Send resume via one of the options listed below:
Fax to 318-449-5552
Attn: Human Resources
Heart of Louisiana Credit Union
PO Box 4030
Pineville LA 71361