Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Receives and processes member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments; sells money orders and traveler’s checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records.
- Welcomes members and provides routine information concerning services and directs members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Cross-sells credit union services.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous tasks including typing, filing, computer input and answering the telephone.
- Accept deposits, loan and VISA payments, and enter into teller system.
- Receive payments for mortgage, installment and share secured loans, ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
- Examine checks for endorsements and negotiability.
- Provide members with proper receipts for payments.
- Direct received loan paperwork to other proper departments (title information to Title Clerk; mortgage information to Mortgage Loan Officer....).
- Process member mail and night deposit transactions and assist members with phone transactions.
- Provide member with account status, including current balances and loan pay-offs in person and over the phone.
- Encode or proof daily checks and savings bonds.
- Balance official checks and VISA cash advance machine.
- Process coin and loose change for members.
- File new member accounts and other forms as needed.
- Balance personal teller drawer and checks daily.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Experience: Up to six months of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving or obtaining information which may require some discussion.
Other Skills: Ten key calculator and computer keyboard by touch. Must be good with detail to deal with numbers and names.
How to Apply
Send resume via one of the options listed below:
Fax to 318-449-5552
Attn: Human Resources
Heart of Louisiana Credit Union
PO Box 4030
Pineville LA 71361